With Poughkeepsie on the horizon, I wasn’t planning on cooking much this weekend. But, that changed when a friend of my mom’s dropped off a 30 lbs striped bass that was caught that same morning. Needless to say, I broke it down as fast as I could and got it on copious amounts of ice.
(Striper with grilled fennel, carrot and chive emulsion, hazelnuts and chive blossom)
With fish this fresh, you have to keep it simple, just salt and a touch of pepper, don’t overdo it. Garnish wise, I wanted to have some fun, especially because I have a new Vita-prep that I needed to test out. That’s where the carrot emulsion comes in. I just roasted some carrots with some shallot and deglazed with a bit of white balsamic. After buzzing, emulsifying and passing the puree, I folded in some chives for color.
(Striper with braised swiss chard, Benton’s bacon broth, pickled swiss chard stems and thyme flowers)
The Benton’s broth was a touch too strong for striper, but nonetheless delicious.
(Striper with charred garlic scapes and market radish)
// Recent Posts .
// Recent Comments .
- Peter Kayaian on Braised Pork Belly, Corn Puree and Grilled Eggplant. End of extern at GT.
- Elsie on Braised Pork Belly, Corn Puree and Grilled Eggplant. End of extern at GT.
- mc on Braised Pork Belly, Corn Puree and Grilled Eggplant. End of extern at GT.
- grant on Extern update, GT style
- Brandon on Extern update, GT style
// Pages .
// Search .
// Hit Counter .